First off, woohoo first blog post! I wanted to start this “Christian” portion of my blog to address today’s questions, concerns, and curiosities about the religion I call my own. I will keep this blog as more of a learning experience for both y’all (yes, I’m from Texas) and myself by tackling tough topics and diving deeper into those famous Bible stories that seem so unrealistic in our day and age.
For the first few posts, I want to focus on the basics. Why do I believe Christianity is the “right” faith to choose? Well, in order to back up my faith, I have to prove it’s core textbook – the Bible – is fully the truth, the real deal, legit.
Like many out there, I need some hard evidence before further investigation. So, let’s start digging.
- Manuscripts – There are more consistent manuscripts for the Bible than any other ancient literature that we follow today, including that of Plato and Socrates (makes me wonder what got lost in translation when playing telephone with these philosophies we all still study in school)
- Geological and Historical Evidence – Archeologists have verified most of the cultural and historical references in the text, which is over 1500 years worth of written records.
- Literary Consistency – The Bible consists of 66 books written by those inspired by God over 1500 years by 40 different people, pretty cool how they all remained on the same page (literally).
- It should be noted that some consider items in the Bible inconsistent, but those statements are figures of speech, non-technical descriptions, or more in depth, and I will most likely cover many in later blogs.
- Prophecies Fulfilled – Over 300 prophecies in the Old Testament are fulfilled in the New Testament.
- Scientific Accuracy – Many scientific facts of the Earth were mentioned in the Bible before proven/discovered by scientists, including Earth’s roundness and the gravitational field.
Now if this were a court case, it would easily be “case closed” without an appeal granted. I’ll take it. I can’t argue. The Bible is the real deal. It’s the number one sold book in the world, most influential religion, a historical record back to the beginning of all records, and impacts millions.
But at the very least, we can’t ignore its awesomeness.